Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to setup credit card payment method for openErp7 POS

By
Mohamed Niyas
on 8/30/14, 12:24 AM 2,303 views

Hi , 

I am looking on how to setup credit card payment method, on openerp 7 POS.

Already looked in forums adding a Payment method as "Bank & Checks" , but after adding i didn't see payment method in POS Screen.

Also wanted to know how to integrate with card reader, want to know exact realtime implmentation steps.

Thanks

David Birchmier
On 12/28/14, 4:14 PM

I also have this question.

My goal is to do the following:
#1 Integrate Stripe as the payment gateway
#2 Stripe will be utlized in the POS as well as for online payments for customers AND for employees to accept payments via phone

Here is what I have found thus far that may help:
Odoo makes a device named POSBox. It's sold individually and as a kit. This seems to be the easiest way to connect your periphials together:  https://www.odoo.com/shop/product/point-of-sale-posbox-kit-cash-register-318

Regarding the credit card reader (For a Computer/Device with a USB Input):
A credit card reader is essentially just an input device like a keyboard. If you're planning to connect this to a computer, any USB Credit Card Reader should work. I found a decent one with good reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EUMXPC4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00EUMXPC4&linkCode=as2&tag=mpco-20&linkId=UDOTPDX6N52JPYRL

Regarding the credit card reader (For an iPad):
I ASSUME that any credit card reader (like the one from Square or Intuit) SHOULD work. Unless they have locked the device down to only work with their apps. I wasn't successful in finding a generic credit card reader for an iPad online. We will just have to test and see if this works. Maybe someone else can offer more advice?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/30/14, 12:24 AM
Seen: 2303 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM