Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to setup call-of order?

Koen Pauwels
on 2/19/13, 8:56 AM 902 views

Im looking for a solution on how to setup call-of order.

With a call of order i mean an order which reserves a certain quantity of products and is delivered overtime.

So if someone orders a quantity of 50 you want that this quantity is reserved. And from time to time the products will be shipped until the total quantity of 50 is reached? right?

Andreas Brueckl
on 2/19/13, 10:35 AM

Yes exact, you actually reserve something. And the customer can decide when he gets it. or with certain intervals.

Koen Pauwels
on 2/19/13, 11:10 AM

Thx for ur answer, can u also do this automaticly? lets say i want to ship 10 a week..?

Koen Pauwels
on 2/19/13, 12:13 PM

I have updated my answer.

Andreas Brueckl
on 2/20/13, 5:18 AM
Koen Pauwels
On 2/20/13, 8:50 AM

Thx for your help! i appreciate it!

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 2/19/13, 11:42 AM

This requirement is standard OpenERP functionallity.

1. Create an order with quantity of 50 PCE
  2. Confirm the order
  3. A new outgoing shipment is created

If the state of the shipment is Available then the products are reserved. Otherwise you can force the reservation with Force Availability.

Then when you want to ship 10 PCE of the order, you just have to create a partial picking by clicking Deliver and choose how much you want to deliver.

Then a new picking is created with the chosen quantity (10 PCE) and is processed immediately.

The quantity of the original picking is set to 40 PCE and remains in state Available.

You can perform such partial pickings as often as you want.

Update for recurring shippings:

As noted in question https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/1560/ you can define recurring objects.

So you can also define recurring outgoing shipments. But then the already shipped quantity will not be subtracted from the original shipping. If you exactly want to implement you intended functionality you have to write a short module I guess.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/19/13, 8:56 AM
Seen: 902 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM