Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to setup Bramwells datapump on a virtual machine for v6.1.1 and v7?

By
ton123
on 5/4/13, 12:30 PM 904 views

Martin Bramwell is trying to make import and export for openERP much more easier than the standard methods.

I am very interested how to setup the datapump on a virtual Ubunto 10.04 or 12.04 machine. I want to:

• Make exports from v6.1.1.
  • Manipulate the exports
  • And after that import the manipulated data back into OpenERP v6.1.1.

In a next phase at the end of this year:

• I want to export data from v6.1.1 and
  • import it in v7.

You should only need Python and the four easy_install libraries I mention. git clone the project and run it. If you hit a problem with those please let me know immediately. I have been wanting to make a YouTube video showing the complete procedure from scratch, but I have a commitment to a client that has to have priority. You may prefer to wait for the video if my written instructions fail to serve. A 'dictum' of OSS software is "Release early. Release often!" but that's for the benefit of collaborators rather than end-users. Which of those are you? "Buyer beware" ;-)

Martin
on 5/4/13, 2:12 PM

@Martin I agree with the dictum. I am end-user. A change is a trigger for the start of a money flow from end-user to collaboraters, the more change the more money for the collaboraters. I will report back my findings.

ton123
on 5/4/13, 4:05 PM

Error in step 6, see my answer.

ton123
on 5/4/13, 4:41 PM

btw, I have not addressed the export side at all. My data is coming from Google spreadsheets, so I have not needed that aspect. It's also postponed because the export side is many times easier than the import side, and I prefer to solve the hardest problems first.

Martin
on 5/4/13, 4:46 PM

Martin

--Martin--
| 5 6 8
Cornwall, Canada
--Martin--

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

Martin
On 5/4/13, 5:21 PM

To preempt complaints that we are in breach of forum rules with this discussion, I have created a Wiki page here : Please use this page to discuss getting started issues.

Documentation improved 2013/05/05

I think you are right about this.

ton123
on 5/4/13, 6:49 PM

please see wiki page update

Martin
on 5/5/13, 1:32 AM

I am further now. My findings are on the discussion page.

ton123
on 5/6/13, 12:50 PM

ton123

--ton123--
| 5 6 9
Lisse, Netherlands
--ton123--
End-User. Installed 6.1.1 on a DS412+, DS211+ and DS113J Synology NAS. Reference installation on Ubuntu 12.04/Samsung Notebook. 12-03-2013 In production for Suppliers and Customers, adresbook. 7 small companies. Testing accounting, document management, import and export. Too much showstoppers I haven't fixed at this moment. 06-05-2013 little progress. Migration to v7 impossible because of missing Dutch localisation modules. What I see working is nice, so further testing and asking. Start testing products and warehouse. Happy with this forum and the community.
ton123
On 5/4/13, 4:40 PM

I try to build up the answer (I hope with some help) myself:

1. Make a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04.
  2. easy_install gspread gives a command not found error. To avoid this:
  3. Install easy_install on Ubuntu with the following command:
  4. sudo apt-get install python-setuptools (don't make the mistake to use an underscore in python-setuptools). See: http://www.hacksparrow.com/ubuntu-how-to-install-easy_install.html
  5. easy_install gspread --> OK
  6. easy_install openerplib gives an error:"No local packages or download links found for openerplib error: couldn't find suitable distribution for requirement.parse (openerplib)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/4/13, 12:30 PM
Seen: 904 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM