Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Martin Bramwell is trying to make import and export for openERP much more easier than the standard methods.
I am very interested how to setup the datapump on a virtual Ubunto 10.04 or 12.04 machine. I want to:
- Make exports from v6.1.1.
- Manipulate the exports
- And after that import the manipulated data back into OpenERP v6.1.1.
In a next phase at the end of this year:
- I want to export data from v6.1.1 and
- import it in v7.
To preempt complaints that we are in breach of forum rules with this discussion, I have created a Wiki page here : Please use this page to discuss getting started issues.
Documentation improved 2013/05/05
I try to build up the answer (I hope with some help) myself:
- Make a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04.
- easy_install gspread gives a command not found error. To avoid this:
- Install easy_install on Ubuntu with the following command:
- sudo apt-get install python-setuptools (don't make the mistake to use an underscore in python-setuptools). See: http://www.hacksparrow.com/ubuntu-how-to-install-easy_install.html
- easy_install gspread --> OK
- easy_install openerplib gives an error:"No local packages or download links found for openerplib error: couldn't find suitable distribution for requirement.parse (openerplib)
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 5/4/13, 12:30 PM|
|Seen: 945 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|