Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to setup a sequence no. for PRO Forma invoices?

By
M. Höppner
on 2/7/14, 1:47 PM 3,469 views

Hello,

I would like to have a sequence no. for PRO Forma invoices and printed on the paper so that the customer can use this no. as note to payee when transfer the money. How to setup this number and get it printed in the invoice paper?

Thanks.

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 2/8/14, 12:32 PM

Hello; OpenERP handles the full workflow of a sale operations:

Sequences are generated automatically (with the Prefix SO.......) for Quotation (ProForma) ans Sale Order and also for Invoice ( with Prefix SAJ...) and for Delivery Order (with Prefix OUT.....).

For PROForma (Quotation) and Sale Order the Prefix is the same, which means that the same document is just changing from state to state ( Draft Quotation --> Sent --> Sale Order -- sale Order to Invoice .....) after confirmation in each state. Now if you want a different Prefix for Quotation and sale Order, you can use the module "sale_quotation_number" from Elico Corp', 'Agile Business Group. With this module you'll get a Prefix SQ for Sale Quotation and SO for Sale Order. You can after change the SQ prefix to anything you want like PF (for ProForma), this can be done under the menu: settings --> Technical --> Sequences & Identifiers --> Sequences ( By editing the sequence you need to change.

Hope this can help you.

Best regards.

Suite ...

[[ o.state not in ['draft','sent'] and removeParentNode('para') ]] Quotation N° [[ o.name ]] seems to be correct.

On one instance (old one) of OpenERP (Version 7.0-20130104-000101) i have this sxw:

sxw1

With this view:

view1

And generate the following (in pdf):

devis1

Thanks for the hint with the app. However you are right with the SO and I would like to use the SO number also for the ProForma invoice. The question is now how to get it in the swx file (Report Designer) of the invoices. If I open my template for the most other status there is the number created by using [[ o.number ]]. When I put this at the end of the line with ProForma, the line disappears in the printout:

PRO-FORMA [[ o.number ]] [[ ((o.type == 'out_invoice' and o.state == 'proforma2') or removeParentNode('para')) and '' ]] [[ o.number ]]

M. Höppner
on 2/13/14, 1:47 PM

in the sales order template another variable is used: [[ o.state not in ['draft','sent'] and removeParentNode('para') ]] Quotation N° [[ o.name ]] It does not work too / does not give me the required number i.e. "SO014". What can I do?

M. Höppner
on 2/13/14, 1:51 PM

To summarize: You just want the SO number to be printed in the ProForma. like this "ProForma N° SOxxxx". 1_ When creating the SO it's first in a draft state 2_ Don't Confirm it, Just Save it, that is your ProForma ( or devis or Quotation). you can at this state send it by mail or print it; and it will be labeled "Quotation N°SOxxx". 3_ if you confirm it, it will be labeled "Sale Order N° SOxxx" (or Bon de Commande N° xxxx)

Med Said BARA
on 2/14/14, 11:08 AM

back from holiday I will test it soon and give a feedback ...

M. Höppner
on 2/22/14, 12:54 PM

mhausle. Have you tested already?

Elevenmidia
on 3/28/14, 5:58 AM

Hello,sorry, no I did not test it because our tax accountant told me that taxes are to be due when the money arrives in our bank account, so for us no PRO FORMA invoice is necessary

M. Höppner
on 3/29/14, 10:38 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/7/14, 1:47 PM
Seen: 3469 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM