Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to setup a multi-company with multi-warehouse setup in v7?

By
Test User
on 4/2/14, 1:34 AM 898 views

I have multiple companies:

Parent Company
--Company A
--Company B
--Company C
--Company D

I also have multiple warehouses:

Warehouse East Coast
Warehouse West Coast

I've done some test setups with different ways but I still haven't found what works best. I don't have any shops and products are sold directly from the warehouses. Each company uses both warehouses and their locations are also inside each warehouse. The warehouses serve only as logistics for the nearest customers instead of nearest shops. So Customer on West Coast will ship from Warehouse West Coast.

How do I set up this structure?

The documentation makes it appear as though I need to setup my locations like:

Warehouse America
--Warehouse East Coast
--Warehouse West Coast

But I don't see how this affects the way things work? It also keeps talking about shops and setting each shop to a specific warehouse or a warehouse is only company specific. Since all companies use the same warehouses, this doesn't seem to apply. in this case.

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 4/2/14, 2:38 AM

Multi-company configuration blog contains all the details to configure multi-company.

I've read this post before and it isn't exactly like what I'm describing above. Unless I'm understanding it incorrectly. It still states that companies are their own warehouse instead of a warehouse including several companies. It also uses shops, which we don't have and again, are tied to a single warehouse.

Test User
on 4/2/14, 4:24 PM

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 4/2/14, 2:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/14, 1:34 AM
Seen: 898 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM