Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I just bought small retailer store 3 month ago and want to change it to more modern retail store (mini-market).
First thing to do is to migrate from my simple local made POS to OpenERP 7.0. The current software is to slow and have very limited function. Since I am newbie in OpenERP and retailer store, I need some guidance and advise from you guys.
Some initial goal and functional needed for my retail application with OpenERP are (might be altered if you have better solution):
- The product is about 800 items and growing fast, might exceed more than (in future let say) 5000 items. (OpenERP still can handle it, right?)
- Need 3 or more POS with cash box that can operate concurrently in one store.
- The product sale prices are depend on qty purchased (1, 3, 6, 12, etc).
- Have Two (2) Store with their own physical warehouse + 1 physical buffer-warehouse (for future store).
- Need Purchasing Module to manage the purchasing system.
- One product might have more then 1 supplier with different purchased price
- Need to report the profit-lost for several different time-frame (day, week, month, year).
- Need to report total valued purchased by each supplier.
So far, I have done very little for this long journey :
- Install the OpenERP 7.0 (windows) for trial. In production will migrate to Linux based.
- Install POS Module + Accounting Module (Still confuse how to configure them, please help).
- Import product category from csv file.
- Import product from cvs file.
- Import initial qty from previous POS system (still confuse how to, please help).
Is it a correct step? What is next step?
I know this might be end up as an open solution, but please advise anyway.
Thanks for your help.
I believe you will find answers to most of your own questions if you read parts of the documentation and the tutorial in particular, available at doc.openerp.com
After that, please post each question in a separate issue so someone who knows the answer to a single question may answer it.
I just read your post. Did you already make some progress since your last attempt about a year ago? I'm really interested to know whether you succeeded implementing OpenERP the way you described it in your first post. We've just launched our brand new website OERPtuts, which targets first-time OpenERP end users like you. Feel free to contact us through our contact form at www.oerptuts.com/contact/. We'll appreciate your feedback...
Best regards Imre
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/27/13, 4:03 AM|
|Seen: 6192 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|