Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set up Accounting (including analytics) for our situation. Here are the details:
* We sell hardware-based units and software (figured out this already in odoo)
* We also sell time-period based maintenance agreements that get invoiced at regular intervals (haven't figured this out, yet) for the hardware and software. Pricing for these is any combination of a fixed amount for a customer, a percentage of the order, or a number of users. Dealers get a commision on this price via any combination of a fixed amount, a percentage of what the customer paid, and/or a fixed amount for a specific customer.
* We have dealers who sell the hardware/software and maintenance to customers (Each customer has MAX 1 dealer) and earn a commission on those sales (per customer) that we pay at regular intervals as described above.
* Some customers we deal with directly, but we'll be the dealer in that case.
* Often times we'll get one check from a dealer with which customer paid what and we need to enter all this into the system to keep track of which customers paid how much and how much commission to pay out.
We sell 2 hardware units, and 2 software units to a customer A whose dealer is B who gets a commission of 10% per customer. A's order price comes to $10,000.00 USD. Then we sell 1 hardware unit and 1 software unit to customer C whose dealer is also B. C's order price comes to $10,000.00 USD. We deliver the goods and invoice each customer for their respective order totals. We also send a notice to B showing what each customer owes. Eventually the customers pay _something_ to B and the dealer cuts us a check $17,000.00 USD and sends that with a chart of who paid what. Customer A paid $10,000.00 USD and Customer C also paid in full of $10,000.00 USD. Well according to our analytics, the dealer B now owes us $1,000.00 USD since they witheld too much from the customer payments.
We want to double check their math here and make sure the accounting isn't wrong. So, we would need the system to track the analytic entries for each customer and calculate commission for the dealer and also ensure that a customer has paid
What would be the best way to set this situation up in Odoo? Should we use an Multi-Analytic plan to track all this? If so, how? Or, simply assign an Analytic Account per customer/dealer. If the system cannot model this and it requires custom modules and models/views, that's ok too we're technically competent enough to handle that development.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 6/9/15, 1:53 PM|
|Seen: 619 times|
|Last updated: 6/9/15, 1:53 PM|