Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set up price breakpoints

By
Dan
on 9/5/14, 12:04 PM 793 views

I'm a newcomer to OpenERP/odoo.

I want to reduce the cost of a product as larger quantities are ordered.

So, example pricing would look like this:

Quantity  |  Price per individual product

1-3 = £200 each

4-5 = £190 each

6-7 = £180 each

8 and higher = £170 each

Users need to be able to simply select a quantity in a sales order / invoice and the correct total to be calculated based on these rules.

How is this achieved?

paul
On 9/6/14, 4:41 PM

You can achieve this type of pricing by using the Min. Quantity field in the Pricelist.

Steps:

• go to Sales > Pricelists > Pricelists
  • create (or edit existing) a new Pricelist then Pricelist Version
  • then create Pricelist Item for each quantity pricebreak (in your examle you would create 4 Pricelist Items with min qty of 1,4,6, and 8 respectively)

Note:

• these instructions don't get into all of the details about pricelists.  Pricelists are very powerful and have many options that can be used to decide what products and are affected.
  • the pricelist that you created (or edited) above needs to be applied to the sales order in question

Thanks, I will give that a go. We have a lot of products that require these price breaks, so I'm assuming a .csv import option is possible too.

Dan
on 9/6/14, 5:31 PM

yes, you can upload via csv. I have done it many times.

paul
on 9/6/14, 6:04 PM

Thanks for your help, I've configured the price breaks through the GUI. I have two issues: 1. the price computations only seem to work for sales orders / quotations. Can they be made to work for draft invoices too? 2. The rounding doesn't work. I set "0.05" as the rounding bit still end up with prices like £300.02. And setting the rounding to "1.00" produces some very odd totals (more than they should be but by seemingly arbitrary amounts). Any ideas?

Dan
on 9/10/14, 9:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/5/14, 12:04 PM
Seen: 793 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM