Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set up exchange currency rate for sale/purchase?

By
Felipe
on 4/4/13, 3:30 PM 2,911 views

Actually there is only one field for the exchange rate of a currency, but I need one for sale and another for purchase, then for sale invoices I want that the sale rate is taken, and for purchase invoices the purchase rate.

is there any configuration or module available for this?

maybe a weird question, but why do you want to use different rates? OpenERP has the option of giving a conversion rate at a time, and you can set different rates for different days if needed.

patrick
on 4/4/13, 4:22 PM

for the same reason exchange houses manage different rates for sale/purchase, for profit.

Felipe
on 4/4/13, 5:16 PM

or because not every partner manage exactly the same exchange rate.

Felipe
on 4/4/13, 6:30 PM

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 4/4/13, 6:40 PM

I would create two codes per currency

e.g NZDS for sales in NZD NZDP for purchases in NZD

When you create a pricelist you define which currency it uses, all all transactions from there will flow using standard functionality.

seems like a simple way to do it, ty

Felipe
on 4/4/13, 6:48 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/4/13, 3:30 PM
Seen: 2911 times
Last updated: 7/20/16, 10:30 AM