Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set up a 2nd user?

By
DPC Diamond Pro
on 6/26/14, 10:58 PM 697 views

trying to set up a 2nd user.  I want this user to sign in using their email address. 

I also want this user to see the menus in a different language than the admin user. 

I set up the user in the settings panel, I sent the invitation to the new user (email address). We followed the link, but when asked to sign in, the only username/password combination that works is the admin unsername/password.  the 2nd user is not activated, but i do not see where to do this.  

Juan José Scarafía
On 6/27/14, 9:04 AM

Hi DPC Diamond Pro,

You can see whether a user is active, watching the "Active" field in Form view. If you don't see the user in Settings / Users / Users, you will have to use the filter, searching inactive users, and then you can set it as "Active". I leave you a picture so you can see what i mean:

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 6/27/14, 9:48 AM

First, make sure you have installed the second language you want the employee to see. Then, create a new user using admin like normal. Set the language to the one you have just installed and press save. On the top of the screen, click on the "More" button, then select "Set password for this user" (or something similair). Supply the user with a new password.

Then try to login using the credentials provided.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/26/14, 10:58 PM
Seen: 697 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM