Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set record rules to see up the tree?

Jeff Beidler
on 1/21/15, 6:33 PM 487 views

It seems like all of the default multi-company record rules are set up so that a user can only see records from his/her company or child companies.  I imported all my data under the top-level company, which has two sub-companies.  I would like to set up the record rules such that a user from a sub-company can see records from that company or the main company.  So far, I have been unsuccessful.  I see that there is a "child_of" operator, but I haven't seen a "parent_of" operator.  I have also tried the domain "['|',('company_id','=',user.company_id.parent_id.id),('company_id','=',False)]", but that doesn't work, either.  What domain string would allow for the aforementioned access?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/21/15, 6:33 PM
Seen: 487 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM