Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set Multi conditional Access Rights

By
Sailesh
on 2/26/13, 2:42 AM 1,438 views

Hello all,

I am trying to implement Project Management module in OpenERP 6.0.3 and have installed 'project' & 'project_longterm'.

I need to have a special kind of access rights in my system, described as follows:

1. The user belonging to access group Project/Manager should be able to view all the projects, but shall be able to edit only own projects.

2. The user belonging to access group Project/User should be able to view & edit only those projects for which he is a Project Manager.

3. The user belonging to access group Project/Manager should be able to view all the phases, but shall be able to edit only those under own projects or for which he is a Responsible User.

4. The user belonging to access group Project/User should be able to view & edit only those under own projects or for which he is a Responsible User.

5. The user belonging to access group Project/Manager should be able to view all the tasks, but shall be able to edit only those under own projects or those under the phases for which he is a Responsible User.

6. The user belonging to access group Project/User should be able to view all the tasks under own projects or those under the phases for which he is a Responsible User or those which are assigned to him. He shall be able to edit tasks under own projects or those under the phases for which he is a Responsible User.

I have been able to set the view rights correctly by setting rights in the security. But have not able to set the edit rights correctly.

Is this kind of access rights settings possible in OpenERP.

Weste
On 3/27/14, 1:37 PM

I think what you want to do exists for example for the sale.order object. You have different ir.rules an one of them says:

['|',('user_id','=',user.id),('user_id','=',False)]

for users belonging to group "See own Leads"

So, on your project object, you should create 4 ir.rules group condition Can View Can edit manager own project True True manager other projects True False user own project True True user other projects False False

and same thing for your other objects.

Hope that helps.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/26/13, 2:42 AM
Seen: 1438 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM