Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set default tax for product?

By
rosey
on 8/5/13, 2:23 AM 7,215 views

I want to set default tax for all my products. I dont know where to set it.

Yoshi Tashiro
On 10/30/14, 1:56 AM

You can set 'Default sale tax' and 'Default purchase tax' under Settings > Configuration > Accounting, which should propose the selected taxes when you create a new product.  There was a bug in v8 and this setting wasn't working but it has been fixed in a relatively recent commit.

Nilim
On 3/1/16, 5:19 AM

Hi Rosey,

W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you which might cater to your needs are as follows:-

1) Yes, you can configure default Taxes for a product in Odoo

2) To configure default tax, you would be first required to configure a Tax by following Accounting>Configuration>Taxes>Taxes

3) Now on doing so, you need to go to Products and add the same Tax as configured above as default Tax to the Product. This can be done through Sales>Products>Accounting>Customer Taxes. Now when we add the the Tax in “Customer Taxes” then when adding the particular product in any Sales quotation, the tax assigned in “Customer Taxes” would get automatically added.

Hope this helps

Cheers!!

Anand
On 12/31/14, 12:49 AM

Hi rosey..

settings-->configuration-->customer

in that u can see default sale tax i that select the tax you want...thats it..

Amit Parik (amp)
On 8/5/13, 10:00 AM

Hello,

There are two ways to do it.

1) You can use the set as default : Go to the right side user panel, click on about openerp. It will allow you to set the developer mode. Then go to the product form view and set the taxes, Save the record , Go to the more option and now you can set this record as a default, Via "Set default".

2) Taxes are property field in OpenERP, So you can also set this on configuration parameter. Go to settings >technical> parameter> configuration parameter.

These are the two way to set the default taxes on product/.

I cant see any field for tax in "Set Default".

rosey
on 8/7/13, 3:14 AM
Elise Watvedt
On 12/30/14, 6:41 PM

It seems this bug is still present in the SaaS version....

(You can set 'Default sale tax' and 'Default purchase tax' under Settings > Configuration > Accounting, which should propose the selected taxes when you create a new product.  There was a bug in v8 and this setting wasn't working but it has been fixed in a relatively recent commit.)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/5/13, 2:23 AM
Seen: 7215 times
Last updated: 3/1/16, 5:19 AM