Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set default procurement method for all products at once ?

By
Sohail
on 5/9/13, 12:55 PM 1,470 views

I need to set the default procurement method for all products at once. Also new products added in the system will have same procurement method.

saad

--saad--
| 5 4 8
Casablanca, Morocco
--saad--
saad
On 5/9/13, 1:28 PM

Go on pgadmin, select a database and execute this sql query:

UPDATE product_template
   SET  procure_method= 'make_to_stock'

Possible values for procurement method field are : make_to_stock or make_to_order

If you want to set default value for a field from the UI, take a look at this topic

I haven't played with the 7.0 database much S@@D, is it the same Schema for most part? Good to know if so.

Mike Lindsay
on 5/9/13, 1:45 PM

Yes, it's the same for most part and specially for product models.

saad
on 5/9/13, 1:59 PM

Your answer was correct SAAD but what when i deliver the system to the client and he adds a new product each day, he wants the default procurement method to be set?

Sohail
on 5/10/13, 5:25 AM

I updated my answer !

saad
on 5/10/13, 6:21 AM
Mike Lindsay
On 5/9/13, 1:15 PM

You could export a CSV with ID's, then reimport it with that field changed. I think that would be the 'suggested method' Or alternatively, you could write a sql query against the database, that is probably the method I would choose. What version of OpenERP?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/9/13, 12:55 PM
Seen: 1470 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM