This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hello,

Is there a way to set default invoice lines for each customer/supplier?

example: When I create a supplier invoice for e.g. a phone invoice, automatically a couple of lines should be created with standard values like

line 1 personal use

line 2 business use

with the corresponding quantity's an accounts.

Is this possible in odoo9? in 6.0 i could do this using the "set as default" but I haven't found how to do it in odoo9

This would make the creation of invoices, certainly of supplier invoices so much faster. Now we have to remember the different lines and recreate them every time we create a new invoice for this supplier/customer

Discard

Hi Boemba, W.r.t your query, are you looking bundling of products in a single invoice, because as much as I understand you want to add line items automatically based on a single line item. Kindly let me know so that i can expedite the same.

Author

Hi Nilim, this is not exactly what I want. I am looking for a way that, when I select a client/supplier while making a client/supplier invoice automatically one or more invoice lines are created. Because for example a when booking a telefophone invoice the accountant always has to make the same lines. line one: private use, quantity: eg 0.1 line two company use eg quantity 0.9. This way we could save a lot of time.

Best Answer

Hi Boemba,

W.r.t your query I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations based on my observations which I made are :-

1) By default Odoo does not posses the capability to set default invoice lines for each customer/supplier

2) In odoo its possible to set the default functionality with conditions for all other relationship(s) except OneToMany relationship.

3) As configuring of default invoice for each customer/supplier is a OneToMany relationship. Hence by default its not possible to do so from the Odoo GUI.

4) To avail this functionality On Change Function needs to be implemented in the coding Part.

5) If you want to view the “Set As Default”, you just need to switch to Developer mode and on the right hand top of the screen you would see an icon wherein you can find the “Set As Default” option.

Hope this helps

Cheers!!!

Discard
Author

Hi Nilim, Thanks for your answer. I still think it is weird that this is not possible, this is something every accountant needs 100x a day... Openerp surprises me every time on a technical level of how it works and what they achieve but on a functional level there is still so much work to be done. Maybe when I find the time I'll try to make the module for this. Thanks agian for your reply Boemba

Hi Boemba, Thanks for your reply.Hope my answer helped you. We are one of the leading provider of Odoo customized modules, hence in case you require any customization feel free to get in touch with us anytime. We will be glad to help you. To get in touch with us you can simply follow the link as mentioned http://webkul.com/ticket/

Best Answer

Yes It is possible to set default values in V9.

First Activate the developer mode: [the snapshots disappeared]

Click on the Question mark in the left of 'User name' in the top-right, Then click on about

Then click on activate developers mode:

A new menu will appear beside the chatting icon. then you can press set defaults option

Regards

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer, but this is not really what I am looking for. This way is not a very elegant way, so peoples with little or no it-knowledge should activate the developers mode ... As well, this way I don't think it is possible to add invoice lines by default.