Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to set an automatic number range for customers and suppliers?

By
my
on 2/10/13, 6:36 AM 2,704 views

How can I create an automatic number range for customers and suppliers?

I would prefer if they were separate number ranges, but this need not be. I've even downloaded the module under v6apps.openerp.com/ base_partner_sequence. For the installation, I'm the same as in the 6 version, unzip say in server / server / openerp / apps. However, the module was not recognized and so I could not even install it, unfortunately. I think it is not suitable for the 7 version.?. Since I do not have too many programming skills, I would be grateful if someone could give me a 'guide', how can I create the number ranges? Have seen that there are partners in the Account # field. When the would when creating a partner fill automatically, I was already times a step further.

I have to make the effort, because my tax advisor unfortunately requires the customer numbers.

Do you mean: "assigning a unique reference" for customers and/or suppliers or "assigning two unique accounts in the accounting (which have their own numbers)". If it's required by your tax advisor, I think you are looking for the second option. I remember having seen such a module for l10n_fr.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 2/10/13, 6:59 AM

Oh. now it is probably complicated. I try it to explain in more detail. I have my accountant showed the program. He means that the customer and the supplier number to be awarded so that they can be specified in the order with. (The templates I have changed accordingly.)

my
on 2/10/13, 8:17 AM

But that's not when creating a customer / supplier must be done by hand, it would be more practical, if one could automatically. At the same time, however, to appropriate accounts are created, the number corresponding to the customer / vendor number. So it would be in principle a combination of bot

my
on 2/10/13, 8:20 AM

Sorry, I had to share my Comment unfortunately.

my
on 2/10/13, 8:21 AM

Please ask your tax advisor why he needs the customer numbers ? Normally they require account receivable (customer invoice) or account payable (supplier invoice) to import the account moves of invoices into Datev or another leading system of tax advisors in germany. In case your tax advisor is responsible to do the follow-up of payments and to send the reminders, they indeed require a unique number (account payable / receivable) per partner (customer / supplier). If you or you tax advisor uses OpenERP for that purpose one number for all customers / suppliers (e.g. 1410 / 1610) is enough.

Thorsten Vocks
on 2/21/13, 3:58 PM

My tax consultant will summarize the postings with reference to the number of customers or suppliers can assign each customer or supplier. A first statement of account B on 2/15/13 and 2/16/13 to Customer Number: As Beeispiel Invoice dated 02/15/13 xy and z invoice dated 17/2/13 to Supplier 4th He thinks it is possible to recognize in principle under consideration of the customer or supplier number if A is a customer or supplier, and B of the respective invoice number this customer / vendor number can be assigned to.

my
on 2/22/13, 12:30 AM
Evert Dausy
On 6/19/13, 12:01 PM

Hello,

This module is pretty easy to understand. It should work in OpenERP 7.0 also.

The module should be surely recognized, make sure to add it in the addons on your server. You can create a new directory and add this directory in the openerp config file or you can add this file into the addons directory where you can find all the other modules.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/10/13, 6:36 AM
Seen: 2704 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM