Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to seperate USER AND SUPPLIER

By
syam sundar singh
on 5/6/15, 3:09 AM 475 views

When i created a USER automatically SUPPLIER is creating. I noticed in base / res_user.py the inheritance was such

_inherits = {

'res.partner': 'partner_id',

how to separate the USER and SUPPLIER can any one help me??

Solanki Shamji

--Solanki Shamji--
| 5 2 6
Baroda, India
--Solanki Shamji--

Hello!

Solanki Shamji
On 5/6/15, 5:17 AM

Hello,

May be this information will useful to you,

Partners represent People and Organizations.

The most straightforward example are Customers and Suppliers.

Other examples of Partners are:

Contact persons within an organization

Customer or Supplier Adresses

Employees personal contact data

Users contact data

So it's a base concept used pretty much everywhere in the application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- by : Daniel Reis

Thanks.

Shamji

Thank you shamji.. But i need to control the automatic creation of supplier.

syam sundar singh
on 5/6/15, 7:31 AM

Hello, I noticed the following changes. To restrict the Automatic supplier from the code. base/res/res.partner.py comment the active : _defaults = { #'active': True, so that user wont visible in supplier. Thanks. syam sundar singh

syam sundar singh
on 5/7/15, 6:09 AM
syam sundar singh
On 5/6/15, 7:28 AM

Hello, For this over write create method of res.partner and pass supplier as False value. Thanks

Solanki Shamji
on 5/6/15, 8:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/6/15, 3:09 AM
Seen: 475 times
Last updated: 5/6/15, 8:16 AM