Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to send follow-up SMS to customer cellphone number

By
Daniel Holden
on 6/6/16, 6:50 AM 497 views

I would like to configure Odoo to send follow-up messages via SMS informing customers of overdue payments at pre-determined intervals.

I have Odoo 8 installed and have added the account_followup module to notify customers of payments that are overdue.I also have the odoosms module successfully installed and working.

What I would like to achieve is to bring these two together so that I can send automated followup messages via SMS.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Daniel Holden
On 6/8/16, 2:04 AM

So far, I have tried the following:

1) Created an automated action called "send invoice due sms" with the following settings:

Related Document Model: Invoice

When to Run: Based on Timed Condition

Trigger Date: Due Date

Delay After Trigger Date: 7 Days

2) The server action is also called "send invoice due sms", configured like this:

Base Model: Invoice

Action To Do: send sms

SMS Template: invoice due sms

Mobile: res.partner.mobile

3) I created an SMS template that says simply "invoice due", enabled the SMS template checkbox.

4) When I test the automated action from an overdue invoice, no sms is placed in the SMS queue. I am certain that the sms gateway is configured correctly as I am able to send from the partner form just fine.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

ahmad
On 6/6/16, 9:44 PM

Hi,

You can use this module https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/twilio_gateway/ by using Twillio SMS to suit your needs.

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 6/6/16, 7:38 AM

Hi Daniel,

You can customize SMS client module to suit your needs, please check the master version and version7.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I installed the odoosms module and can send sms from the partner form perfectly. So far, I have tried the following:

1) Created an automated action called "send invoice due sms" with the following settings:

Related Document Model: Invoice

When to Run: Based on Timed Condition

Trigger Date: Due Date

Delay After Trigger Date: 7 Days

The server action is also called "send invoice due sms", configured like this:

Base Model: Invoice

Action To Do: send sms

SMS Template: invoice due sms

Mobile: res.partner.mobile

I created an SMS template that says simply "invoice due", enabled the SMS template checkbox. The sms gateway is configured correctly as I am able to send from the partner form just fine.

When I test the automated action from an overdue invoice, no sms is placed in the SMS queue.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Daniel Holden
on 6/8/16, 2:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/6/16, 6:50 AM
Seen: 497 times
Last updated: 6/8/16, 2:04 AM