This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I would like to configure Odoo to send follow-up messages via SMS informing customers of overdue payments at pre-determined intervals.

I have Odoo 8 installed and have added the account_followup module to notify customers of payments that are overdue.I also have the odoosms module successfully installed and working.

What I would like to achieve is to bring these two together so that I can send automated followup messages via SMS.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Discard
Author Best Answer

So far, I have tried the following:

1) Created an automated action called "send invoice due sms" with the following settings:

Related Document Model: Invoice

When to Run: Based on Timed Condition

Trigger Date: Due Date

Delay After Trigger Date: 7 Days

2) The server action is also called "send invoice due sms", configured like this:

Base Model: Invoice

Action To Do: send sms

SMS Template: invoice due sms

Mobile: res.partner.mobile

3) I created an SMS template that says simply "invoice due", enabled the SMS template checkbox.

4) When I test the automated action from an overdue invoice, no sms is placed in the SMS queue. I am certain that the sms gateway is configured correctly as I am able to send from the partner form just fine.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

You can use this module https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/twilio_gateway/ by using Twillio SMS to suit your needs.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Daniel,

You can customize SMS client module to suit your needs, please check the master version and version7.

Hope this helps.

Discard
Author

Thanks. I installed the odoosms module and can send sms from the partner form perfectly. So far, I have tried the following:

1) Created an automated action called "send invoice due sms" with the following settings:

Related Document Model: Invoice

When to Run: Based on Timed Condition

Trigger Date: Due Date

Delay After Trigger Date: 7 Days

The server action is also called "send invoice due sms", configured like this:

Base Model: Invoice

Action To Do: send sms

SMS Template: invoice due sms

Mobile: res.partner.mobile

I created an SMS template that says simply "invoice due", enabled the SMS template checkbox. The sms gateway is configured correctly as I am able to send from the partner form just fine.

When I test the automated action from an overdue invoice, no sms is placed in the SMS queue.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?