Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to send automatic email every day

on 2/9/16, 2:28 AM 452 views

I want to send an automated email sales reports every day. I'm still a beginner, if anyone can please help me in making a method for sending the email. 

Dr Obx
On 2/9/16, 4:12 AM

We already know you are a beginner :) but no worries there is a lot more of them :) I'm a beginner too :)

You can create an automatic action, set interval, how often and how many times then in Technical data tab

select appropriate model/object and method :)

Save it

yes i know, but i don't know how to code it

on 2/10/16, 11:48 PM

To be honest this is a theoretically possible. So far the only module which I managed to make it work using Automation/Scheduled ... was/is my own custom module :) Technically it should work ;) All you need is: find what Model you want to use, find adequate class and some args if required. Then just run it.

Dr Obx
on 2/11/16, 4:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/9/16, 2:28 AM
Seen: 452 times
Last updated: 2/17/16, 11:20 PM