This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I need to be able to sell drinks either by the bottle or by shot. In the POS, the two should appear under different POS categories (eg. drinks/bottles/brandy and drinks/shots/brandy).

From a procurement POV, a drink like PQR (don't want to advertise any particular brand) should be treated as a single product, always procured by bottle.

I've set up shots and bottles as units. But now how do I proceed? I cannot create a single product with multiple units of measure. And cloning the product results in me having two different products, each with its own procurement, which is not what I want.

I've tried searching around. The OpenERP 6 book does mention package management, which seems to be what I want. But I can't figure out (1) whether OpenERP 7 has this and (2) if it does, how to configure it. Searching Apps for "package" or "packaging" doesn't return anything and searching $SEARCH_ENGINE gives a lot of hits relating to package management as in .deb, .rpm, not relating to package management on products. I might not know the right search terms.

Do I need to install something to get package management? If so, what? Does package management even allow me to do what I need?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I've been playing around with this for a while and I think I've found two possible solutions.

The first one is to create the bottles as stockable products and the corresponding shots as consumables. You end up with two different products and there is no stock control on the shots. In the case of my client that is acceptable, but YMMV.

The second, and probably better solution is to use the supply method manufacture for the shots. It may sound weird, but it's easy enough to imagine that shots get manufactured out of the raw material that is found in bottles of booze. This would also make sense for cocktails, since they are made of several different ingredients.

The second option seems to work well for me so far. If anybody else has any experience with the question and has solved as I have or in any other way, I'd be grateful if you could share your wisdom.

Discard
Author

The second option WFM.

Hi Lorenzo In our Case How to sell same product into two categories Pieces and Sq.Feet and also how to track the Product Serial No with UOM(Pieces and Sq.Feet)? Please give me step by step instrunction

I too would like to know how the second option works. As my company sells herbs in bags of 500g and dispenses then in another location/warehouse as 1g

Can you explain First one again?

YMMV = Your mileage may vary, WFM = Work for me , The second method is using BOM

Best Answer

You set the bottle of Rum as Purchase product (you buy 1 bottle) - you stock in ml (in this case is necessary to create a custom UoM which will convert one bottle bought in 750 ml) then you can create a sales product which is call Sales-Rum for example.

This Sales-Rum has two variant (You need to create these product variants) for ie: Bottle and Shot then you create:

1 BOM for the  product Sales-Rum/Bottle = 750 ml of Rum/Purchase product and

2 a second BOM for he Sales-Rum/Shot = 25 ml of  Rum/Purchase product

The only down side is that you will maintain the stock in ml therefore when you make a stock-take and you will see 10.5 bottle of rum in your warehouse you need to think that in odoo you should find 10.5 x 750=7875 ml of Rum/Purchase product 

For the first steps you can have a look at this https://bharatrdevnani.wordpress.com/category/odoo-unit-of-measure/ ... it will help

Discard

How can I automate production of these two Sales products? If I sell one piece of Sales-Rum/Shot, I got a stock of -25 ml for this product and not a decrease of Rum/Purchase. FYI, I use the manufacturing module to produce other goods. Thanks