Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to sell from stock product with Mantufacture route?

By
Dariusz Kubiak
on 3/5/15, 4:21 AM 869 views

I have a product with procurement Manufacture and Make To Order. There are 100 items on stock.
When I create a Sale Order for 1 item system generates Manufacturing Order instead taking the item from stock.
How to configure the product to be taken form the stock first if there is enough stock?

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 3/6/15, 6:06 PM

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/8.0/addons/stock/doc/stock.rst#preparing-pack-operations

This piece of documentation is of vital importance to understand how Odoo manages the poduct/inventory/moves etc...

subbarao
On 3/7/15, 4:24 AM

in product    

information tab

===========

product type = "stockable product"

then it will take from stock

Rami Talat
On 3/7/15, 4:41 AM

Simply,

Procure Method Types:

• Make to Stock: We always take care about the stock and we have to define a minimum stock rule for that. If we don't have enough stock then we must assign a minimum stock rule for that according to this rule it will creates a quotation (purchase order).

• Make to Order: We never take care about the stock for this procure method because this procure method will creates a Purchase order same as a Sale order's quantity.

Let's differentiate both of the method, If I have created a Sale order for "Make to Stock" type of product then first it checks the stock from the product's virtual stock. If there is not stock available then it will going to check the "Minimum Stock Rule" for that and created a PO based on this rule.

If the procure method " Make to order", it doesn't check the stock and created a Purchase order same quantity as sale order (I mean "make to order" never take care about the stock) just like trading. 

Hope this help...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/5/15, 4:21 AM
Seen: 869 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM