Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to select sidebar menu and change breadcrumb in python code?

on 3/4/14, 3:21 AM 1,068 views

I am trying to link two forms together. I was able to do that using this code: return { 'name':_('Some Form2'), 'view_mode': 'form', 'view_id': False, 'views': [(resource_id,'form')], 'view_type': 'form', 'res_model': 'some.model', 'type': 'ir.actions.act_window', 'context': {'default_name': some_id}, } It opens the form that I want but I've noticed that this code will not change the selected menu in the sidebar and the breadcrumb doesn't change as well. Unfortunately, I don't have enough karma to post images that may have clarified my question. I have googled a lot but I was not able to find something like my problem. Hope someone could point to a solution or workaround.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/4/14, 3:21 AM
Seen: 1068 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM