Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to select items for csv export ?

By
Nick Davies
on 1/21/14, 12:41 PM 1,291 views

Hi,

I use the filter to produce a list of items, (BOM's in this case), and want to export some of them. I select the ones I want to export but all are exported instead.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Marco
On 1/21/14, 1:48 PM

at the top of the export screen "where you can select which fields to export" there is a checkbox at the top right corner that reads "only export selected" click on that.

I was looking for something like that on the previous screen... Thanks ! (Now if I can just figure out how to export all of a filtered search instead of just the first page of results...)

Nick Davies
on 1/22/14, 3:54 AM

You shoudl be able to export all your filtered search as long as you check all of the product´s boxes before clicking on More and then export. I don´t see why you would have a problem with that.

Marco
on 1/22/14, 4:55 PM

If you perform a search which produces more than 80 results, the 81st will appear on a second page. When you select all, you select only on the visible page and these are therefore the only results which are exported. Any results on another page are ignored. At least that's my experience.

Nick Davies
on 1/23/14, 4:06 AM

Ohh no problem, on the top right corner you have "1-80 of xxx" where xxx is the number of total products you have, click on that and it turns into a dropdown box which controls the limit, choose unlimited and the page will display all your items at once, however be careful cause your browser´s performance might take a hit depending on the number of items.

Marco
on 1/27/14, 4:52 PM

Wow, thanks for that. I don't know for you, but for me there is no indication that the xx-xx of xxx is clickable so I never clicked it. All other web apps I can think of show that drop down menu as standard and I wonder why not OpenERP, especially as it is more than a visual aid but impacts on csv export?

Nick Davies
on 1/28/14, 3:50 AM

I just found it by dumb luck :P

Marco
on 1/29/14, 12:20 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/21/14, 12:41 PM
Seen: 1291 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM