Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to select default database while having others available too

on 1/8/16, 5:05 AM 474 views

I have a (v8 or v9, still the same) server with a couple of databases, one of which contains my website. I'd like to have the users be redirected, served the correct website without them needing to explicitly select it. I would like to, however, be able to select other databases for testing as well via /web/database/selector.

I have an answer for selecting default database as:

(in config)

db_filter = your_default_database, or, for unambiguous result, db_filter = ^your_default_database$

But that disables selecting other databases altogether, only the one filtered is available in the list. How can I select the default, but have others available?

Krupesh Laiya
On 1/8/16, 8:39 AM

through this you can access default db pls don't use db-filter it will hide other dbs

What about the Front-End nature of the website? As in, an eCommerce website. The visitors should still get the default database selected for them, and just with the domain.

on 1/8/16, 8:41 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/8/16, 5:05 AM
Seen: 474 times
Last updated: 1/8/16, 8:39 AM