Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to see all logs when running behind gunicorn

Brian Martin
on 7/17/14, 1:21 PM 5,443 views

I can't seem to get the same level of logging happening when I run odoo behind gunicorn. I want to see debug information, errors, warnings etc. The same level I see when I am just running the server standalone. But I can't see to get the right recipe in openerp-wsgi.py.  If I set the loglevel to 'Debug'  I *just* get debug output. But the messages I want or [ERRORS].  I may just be braindead or tired but I can't figure this out.

any help would be appreciated.

| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

On 7/18/14, 3:11 AM

In cour config file you can specify exact log leves for every part od OE/odoo.. 

log_handler = :ALL,:DEBUG,openerp.orm:DEBUG,werkzeug:ERROR
# in V7 log_handler value is expected as a list : log_handler = [':DEBUG',':ERROR'...]

#options can be repeateed for same object, or can vary for different objects... 
# no prefix before handler means all objects... 

log_level = debug
# Accepted values: info, debug_rpc, warn, test, critical, debug_sql, error, debug, debug_rpc_answer, notset

Nishant Sharma
On 1/12/15, 10:14 AM

You need to add it to the gunicorn configs:

gunicorn -b --workers=2 --access-logfile /var/log/odoo/gunicorn-access.log --error-logfile /var/log/odoo/gunicorn-error.log openerp-wsgi.

You can specify a log level also, refer to : http://docs.gunicorn.org/en/develop/configure.html#logging

Brian Martin
On 7/18/14, 1:57 PM

This doens't have any effect.  I added those options to the 'conf' dictionary of my openerp-wsgi.py file. But I still don't see that level of logging from gunicorn.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 7/17/14, 1:21 PM
Seen: 5443 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM