Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to search by barcode(EAN) in products name from sales order line ?

By
iwan soenarto
on 9/1/14, 8:45 PM 1,487 views

Hello, when creating sales order ,,,instead searching by product name,  i would like  to search the products by barcode (EAN) when adding product to sales order line. is that possible ?

Thanks...

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 9/3/14, 2:45 AM

Answered in your Launchpad Question. Pasting my answer here:

You can store the EAN of the product in the field that has been provided, i.e. "EAN13 Barcode" (ean13). By default (product/product.py lines 670) if the product couldn't be found using their default_code (line 668) then it will search using ean13.

So, basically you just need to specify the EAN for the products, then when creating Sale Order, you can enter (or scan) the EAN code when filling in Product field in each Sale Order Line.

If you are looking into a feature that user can scan EAN barcode and automatically the quantity of the sale order line of that particular product will be inreased (or a new sale order line added if the product has not been added yet), you need to develop that.

Thanks for the explanation John Doe ...

iwan soenarto
on 9/3/14, 3:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/1/14, 8:45 PM
Seen: 1487 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM