Odoo Help

How to run unit test

By
veronika
on 10/1/13, 5:33 AM 5,985 views

I have wrote unit test, that extends unittest2.TestCase (using unittest2 library). But now I cannot understand and find any information how to run. Please, help. OE version is 6.1

duh386
On 11/14/13, 3:14 PM

I found it! At first, add to __init__ of your module something like

import tests

Next, create package tests in your module. Example of it's __init__:

from . import test_hr

fast_suite = [test_hr, ]

test_hr - module in package with test classes (inherited from openerp.tests.common.TransactionCase)

Next: set in your OE config in [options] section:

test_enable = True

Finally, run tests with the following command:

openerp-server -c /path/to/config.conf -d dbname -u yourmodule --log-level=test

Have fun! Really to much undocumented condition for simple tests! I think OE developers never user it :).

Jérôme Thériault
On 1/25/17, 4:57 PM

there is a plugin for pytest that can run odoo tests. Check out this SO answer: http://stackoverflow.com/a/41862286/2498426

In short: install the plugin, create a config file, run pytest.

aheficent
On 1/20/17, 11:03 AM

I have a demo database, I run openerp with --test-enable --log-level=test, I have a tests folder with an __init__.py file that import my tests files.  I imported  openerp.tests.common import TransactionCase and created proper tests (the name of the method begins with "test_"). However openerp do not run the tests when installing or updating.

In odoo 8 and newers versions I do the same and tests are run without any problem. What am I missing here?

Thank you!

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/1/13, 5:33 AM
Seen: 5985 times
Last updated: 1/25/17, 4:57 PM