Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to run Reordering Rules

By
Alaa Alnajjar
on 4/21/16, 10:03 AM 454 views

If I create product Boat with bill of materials, one of BOM is Dashboard, and Dashboards also has it's own BOM

I created Reordering rules for Boat and Dashboard

When I create sales orders with 2 Boats, then click on buttong "run reordering rules", it will create only one manufacturing order which is for Boat, if I click again on the button,it will create manufacturing order for Dashboard

Why it didn't create 2 MOs from the first click on Run reordering rules? Am I missing something?

Soprath4S
On 6/14/16, 4:07 PM

Hi Alaa and fasluca, I'm not sure on the difference between menus "Run schedulers" and "Run reordering rules" can you explain me?

Twice, It's possible to set a reordering rules on a "finished product" with route set to "Manufacture" and when a run it's completed, PO (RFQ) and MO are created based on BOM of the finished product?

fasluca
On 4/25/16, 12:08 AM

Hi Alaa,

I think its better to use 'Just in time scheduler' for this process.

have a look at these videos

• https://youtu.be/eR_IQcuR5c4

• https://youtu.be/BkgjyHUdjhQ

The only reason that I'm not using this approach is that it's not merging similar manufacturing orders, if I create sale order of 2 Boats and 5 Dashboards (yes I can sell dashboards separetly) , the system will create 3 manufacturing orders : 2 boats , 2 Dashboards , 5 Dashboards. From a manufacturing perspective, I should see 2 MOs only: 2 boats , 7 Dashboards. This is not possible with Just in time scheduler as I found out, but it's working if I use reordering rules, the problem is I have to click 2 times on "run reordering rules" to generate 2 MOs as in the example here which is annoying

Alaa Alnajjar
on 4/25/16, 3:57 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/21/16, 10:03 AM
Seen: 454 times
Last updated: 6/14/16, 4:07 PM