Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to run Odoo 10 community from nightly sources?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 11/23/16, 9:47 AM 209 views

Hello all,

When we download Odoo Community from https://nightly.odoo.com/10.0/nightly/src/, there is no odoo-bin file at the root.

On Github, somebody said to me to execute the file ./setup/odoo to run Odoo from source.

So, I execute this command in the terminal :

python ./setup/odoo -c /etc/odoo/openerp-server-10.conf

I get this error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/odoo-10/odoo-10.0-20161123/setup/odoo", line 2, in <module> __import__('pkg_resources').declare_namespace('odoo.addons')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1910, in declare_namespace path = sys.modules[parent].__path__
KeyError: 'odoo'

But if I rename the file ./setup/odoo for ./setup/odoo-bin (I rename it because there already is a directory named odoo at the root) and I copy this file at the root, Odoo runs correctly with :

python ./odoo-bin -c /etc/odoo/openerp-server-10.conf

So, my question is, how could I run Odoo with ./setup/odoo directly from this directory without copying the file at the root each time I download new sources?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/23/16, 9:47 AM
Seen: 209 times
Last updated: 11/23/16, 10:29 AM