Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to run bash script in openerp server from web client

By
Aldennis
on 3/28/13, 3:28 AM 1,461 views

Hi,

I was planning to integrate OpenERP with control systems (SCADA) and to do that I need scripts to be executed from the web client by clicking a button. The script will run on the OpenERP server and not on the computer where the web client was accessed.

Furthermore, the script is saved on a text field on a separate object. I need the button to call the script saved on the field per selected record item and execute in on the server.

The scripts job was to execute commands for the interfaced machine.

Clément THOMAS
On 3/28/13, 6:51 AM

Maybe look this : http://docs.python.org/2/library/subprocess.html

You can call external shell commands from python code

Thanks for the link. However I still don't know how to call a python action script from a text field by using a button in the web client. Can you give me some sample of the code?

Aldennis
on 3/29/13, 8:20 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/13, 3:28 AM
Seen: 1461 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM