Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to return product to vendor and create refund?

By
Matt Taylor
on 10/18/16, 8:03 PM 342 views

I have set up receipt in 3 steps, as described in the documentation. The docs describe how to accept purchased product into inventory, but not how to reject and return product.  This is all it says:

Of course, you may change the quantity and only transfer to stock the quantity that is valid and decide that you will return the quantity that is not good.

I believe the process should work like this:

1. Process the receipt (move from Partner Locations/Vendors to WH/Input

2. Transfer the product to the quality zone (move from WH/Input to WH/Quality Control)

3. Return product to vendor (move from WH/Quality Control to Partner Locations/Vendors)

4. Create a Refund Invoice (like in Vendor Bills)

I tried the Return button on the delivery order (Reverse button in v9), but, it only allows me to return the product to WH/Input.  Checking the To Refund box seems to have no effect.

It was suggested in another post, that a refund could be created from the delivery order, but I see no way to do that, and it doesn't happen automatically.

Return button on Delivery Order:

Return Location list and To Refund checkbox on reverse transfer:

What version (6,7,8,9,10) and edition (Community, Enterprise) are you asking about? Your screenshot looks like Community.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 10/19/16, 12:37 PM

These screenshots come from the runbot: v10, community. If there is some other solution in enterprise, I have that too.

Matt Taylor
on 10/19/16, 6:31 PM

I verified the same behavior in v9 and v10

Matt Taylor
on 10/19/16, 6:35 PM

Correction. I guess I was using the enterprise runbot v10.

Matt Taylor
on 10/19/16, 6:38 PM

OK. I have not checked, but I think it was version 8 that popped up a wizard that asked you if you wanted to create the refund after the return. In v9 and v10 you need to do that separately - I don't know what that checkbox "TO REFUND" does.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 10/19/16, 11:45 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/18/16, 8:03 PM
Seen: 342 times
Last updated: 10/19/16, 6:32 PM