Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to restrict Capabilities to Nominate a Company as a Customer/Supplier?

By
Faisal Zakaria
on 1/22/14, 11:25 PM 663 views

My company has brought our business development team on board, and they are currently on a frenzy creating customers/contacts into the Sales module. However, I am concerned that they are able to edit their customer entries, and also have the capabilities to nominate an x company to become a supplier too.

An example can be shown as follows :

James is in the Sales/See All Leads user group, and he creates a company Agrolait in the Sales/Customers area. Once finished, he views the entry and clicked on Edit to amend some details, where underneath the address & contact details, there are several tabs. Upon clicking the Sales & Purchases tab, he now has the ability to make Agrolait a customer of his company, and a supplier too.

This is what I am looking to avoid. As you can see from my poor description of the problem, I am a front end application user, and my programming capability is zilch. Appreciate if you can recommend solutions for this.

Thanks

shashank verma
On 1/23/14, 3:25 AM

Hello Faisal

We can restrict the user to make company as customer /supplier with help of python script.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/22/14, 11:25 PM
Seen: 663 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM