Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to restrict access rights from user create in v7?

By
Sean Samborski
on 12/8/14, 5:54 PM 677 views

I would like to allow certain admin users to create users, but these users should not be able to grant or edit specific access rights. Ie they cannot create a user with Administration: Technical Settings. I would like to set it so that users can't assign anything to the Administration permission. Are things like that possible?

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 12/9/14, 12:27 AM

Yes it is.  But you need to fine tune the ACL and Record Rules (it is not just one click away).

• Create a group that have access to Create, Update, and Read (you can add Delete, but I won't advise it) res.users.  To create the group use Settings >> Users >> Groups menu.  To provide access, use Settings >> Technical >> Security >> Access Control List
  • For that group, create Record Rules (Settings >> Technical >> Security >> Record Rules) for res.groups model so that it cannot read Groups that has category_id of Technical Settings (you need the Database ID or XML ID of this category first to create the Record Rules).
  • Create a user with that group.  This user will be able to create another user, but since s/he cannot read certain groups, s/he cannot assign those groups to the new user.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/8/14, 5:54 PM
Seen: 677 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM