Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to restrict access by ip?

By
naitsir
on 10/24/13, 12:02 PM 1,506 views

Hi all, I need to restrict access to all OpenERP site (even the login page) for all IPs, except I specify. Is there some config file in OpenERP to do that? How can I do that??

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 server, OpenERP 6.1

thank you in advance for your help. Regards

No. Set up a reverse proxy for accessing the website and filter IPs there. Any reason to not even allow the login page elsewhere, by the way?

Brett Lehrer
on 10/24/13, 7:55 PM

Because I set a public IP in my openerp server and I need that just my branches office can access to my openerp server. Any suggestions?

naitsir
on 10/24/13, 9:53 PM
martin mueller
On 10/24/13, 10:21 PM

If your server can be accessed from the Internet and is not protected by a firewall, you should setup a server-based firewall. Have a look at ufw - Uncomplicated Firewall.

Once you have setup the firewall, you may also want to restrict access to other services on your server (maybe ssh and others).

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/24/13, 12:02 PM
Seen: 1506 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM