Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to restore odoo database from previous install

Ankush Mehrotra
on 5/5/16, 3:47 PM 287 views

I am a big fan of odoo. I had an installation of odoo9 on my windows 8 pc. Then I upgraded to windows 10. And odoo stopped working. I have various data on that installation, whose installation files are stored on a memory stick. I want to install a fresh copy of odoo9 but how to retrieve that old database?

Ankush Mehrotra
On 5/6/16, 6:29 AM

I have the data directory as I have installed it on a different directory, which didn't contain windows installation. But the files I have are of no use, unless I can use my database.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 5/6/16, 2:32 AM

Did you create a backup of your database(s) using Odoo's database manager before upgrading Windows? If yes, try to restore the database(s) in the fresh Odoo installation using the database manager. If no, try to access Postgres directly and create a dump of your database(s), additionally try to get a copy of Odoo's filestore, maybe using nikesh's method.

On 5/6/16, 1:53 AM

Hi Ankush,

When we upgrade windows to version 10, the new OS will create a backup directory of the old data on the system drive(C) named "Windows.old". It will contain all the old data. The file C:Windows.old is also displyed as "Previous Windows installation(s)" in the disc cleanup application.

Thanks & Regards

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/5/16, 3:47 PM
Seen: 287 times
Last updated: 5/6/16, 6:29 AM