Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to restart the server of Odoo-V8 In WINDOWS-7

on 6/16/15, 6:30 AM 913 views

How to restart the server of Odoo-V8 In WINDOWS-7. After the installation of the Addon?

You should append something like "Windows" to the title. My advise: Don't deploy Odoo on Windows anymore. It brings nothing but trouble. It also cost much more than deploying on Linux boxes.

Tran Ngoc Tuan
on 6/16/15, 8:17 AM

Don't listen him (David Tran), I'm using Odoo on Windows 7 and Windows Server about 2 years and I never had any problems with. Honestly I see no difference. On my home machine I'm using Odoo installed on Linux under VMWare Virtual machine on Windows ... no problems at all :) So just read my post below and enjoy ;)

Dr Obx
on 6/16/15, 10:23 AM
Karthik Arumugam
On 6/17/15, 1:35 AM

If you are using Eclipse IDE you can simply hit restart button in console it will automatically restart

Dr Obx
On 6/16/15, 10:18 AM

What the heck ?

Just click start then type in search line at the bottom "services"

and run it or go to the control panel and click twice on administrative tools icon

you should see a list shortcuts, there will be "Services" shortcut, run it.

Find service named "openerp or odoo" and just click restart or stop/start

Shawn Varghese
On 6/16/15, 7:04 AM

For Linux installation, you can use the following command in the terminal:

sudo service openerp-server restart

The above line assumes you have included "openerp-server" is the name of the service as you have configured in /etc/init.d

On 6/16/15, 7:32 AM

for ubuntu this will may help you:

--> First got to your addons folder in your system

--> ./openerp-server --addons-path=GIVE YOUR ADDONS PATH

-->if you want to restart server on different port then you can use "--xmlrpc-port=8900"

The question is about Windows 7 not "Ubuntu". First correct your spelling it's not Ubantu.

Tintu Mon
on 8/3/15, 9:23 AM

thanks for correcting me

on 8/3/15, 9:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/16/15, 6:30 AM
Seen: 913 times
Last updated: 8/3/15, 9:34 AM