Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to reset the default Outgoing Mail Server?

By
Mathieu Laflamme
on 7/20/13, 9:33 PM 1,659 views

I don't know what I did in the OpenERP 7.0 demo but now the system tells me that when I want to create a new user: Cannot send email: no outgoing email server configured. You can configure it under Settings/Configuration/General Settings.

When I go in Outgoing Mail Servers settings I don't have any and it is writen: A default outgoing email server is already configured. You should not create an alternative one unless you really want to use a specific external outgoing email server for technical reasons.

I think I tested another server for the heck of it and it screw it up I guess...

Thanks for your help

you can alter it as an admin in the settings part where you can configure everything for your email

micha1968
on 7/21/13, 6:36 PM

That is my question: Where in settings I can edit the default mail server?

Mathieu Laflamme
on 7/22/13, 12:52 PM
Flyguy
On 7/22/13, 5:24 AM

As an admin user, go to settings > technical > email > outgoing mail servers

There is no mail server there and it says that a default would be used witch is not the case.

Mathieu Laflamme
on 7/22/13, 12:51 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/20/13, 9:33 PM
Seen: 1659 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM