Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to reset product ID

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 10/3/14, 11:24 AM 1,606 views

Hello there, 

I did many importation tests in the last week.

Now, I want to reset ID auto-increment.

Is it possible to reset those ID number in the Odoo web client?

Or the only way to modify it is PGadmin ou psql?

Thanks

You customized tree view to see the product id ? I don't know the answer to that question. I think we need to test in a test database and make backups as you advance in the project management with odoo. But on reflection, I think that to fill id already allocated must first remove ... can you remove all items created?

Michel Hugues
on 10/3/14, 4:19 PM

Of course that I customized this view. I want to well understand how odoo works before to import all my products.

Pascal Tremblay
on 10/3/14, 4:32 PM

I can easily delete all the products that I want. But ID always increase.

Pascal Tremblay
on 10/3/14, 4:34 PM

From what I have seen, the system increments the id to each creation. If you create an article without finishing the procedure (ie without saving), an id will still be used for anything. But after all it does not matter as the system manages the internal id, just let him do good, right?

Michel Hugues
on 10/3/14, 4:44 PM

I know, I know... you are right. thanks.

Pascal Tremblay
on 10/3/14, 4:47 PM

Pascal Tremblay

--Pascal Tremblay--
| 5 2 7
Alma, Canada
--Pascal Tremblay--

Pascal Tremblay
On 10/3/14, 6:59 PM

I have installed pgadmin.

I have changed the «actual value » properties to 1 in these two sequences : 

product_template_id_seq

product_product_id_seq

Now, I can create new product without problem. The id column beginning to 2.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/3/14, 11:24 AM
Seen: 1606 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM