Odoo Help

How to reply email from user inbox

By
Johan
on 1/13/16, 11:46 PM 1,335 views

Dear Community,

I have successfully set the email configuration, incoming email with alias domain "xxx.netai.net" and outgoing email with smtp.gmail.com account. I use odoo 9 running on Ubuntu.

I can receive email from outside email (eg john@gmail.com) and come up in odoo user inbox (admin@xxx.netai.net).

The question is how can I (admin@xxx.netai.net) reply john email directly from admin inbox? There is no reply icon in the message (only mark as todo and mark as read icons). I only can send the email with "compose new message" in top right icon.

Please help.

Thanks + regrads,

JOHAN

Hmm, almost a week. I guest no body need this direct email reply from user inbox action, or this is a simple stupid question. What are you usually do to reply email in user inbox?

Johan
on 1/21/16, 8:46 PM

I have the same problem. In v8 you have a "reply" icon next to other functions after message title, but in v9 I do not find any way to reply to a message. What I am missing here?

Roy Nurmi
on 1/30/16, 7:32 AM

Same problem. This question is not stupid. The reply button only appears in outgoing messages, and not in the incoming ones.

By now, to reply, I clicked on the person name and create a new message, but I think it's not the idea.

Daniel Blanco
on 1/4/17, 5:35 AM
Victor Burgos
On 4/25/17, 1:10 AM

I have the same problem with Odoo 10.0-20170405 (Community Edition).

If anyone can help with this, I would really appreciate it.

Hagai Barak
On 5/10/17, 2:55 AM

Same issue with Odoo 10 Enterprise. 

Flo
On 3/16/16, 1:56 PM

I have the same issue, nobody knows if it is ment to not change?

Many thanks

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/13/16, 11:46 PM
Seen: 1335 times
Last updated: 5/10/17, 2:55 AM