This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We have a main storage area Location 1, and a picking location for Manufacturing, Location 2.
Product A is purchased into Location 1, and a Reordering Rule is set up based on min/max stock level.

Location 2 is replenished from Location 1 with internal transfers, and the internal transfers are created manually when needed. 

However, we would prefer to have a planned internal transfer to be created automatically based on min/max rule in Location 2.

I have experimented with different setups of rules and routes, but i have not been successful in getting this scenario working. Does anybody out there know if this is even possible to accomplish within standard functionality in Odoo 13? Thanks:)

Discard

I believe this is can be achieved by default with Odoo13 .

Did you enable Warehouse > Resupply > Manufacture > Pick components and then manufacture (2 steps)

Author

Hi Justin Chen, yes I am using the two-step picking process for manufacturing, and this is working fine for replenishing both location 1 and Location 2 from manufacturing orders. I actually have two separate routes to manage this, and it works fine. This allows the products to be picked to a staging area from both locations before production starts.

However, i am trying to achieve reorder point replenishment via internal transfer from location 1 to location 2. I see how the route may be defined, but not hOw to trigger it based on min/max in Location 2.

have you solved this issue?

Author
No, i did not find any standard functionality for this. 
Seems like i would need to develop custom app.
Best Answer

Here is how it's done.

Create a new Route:

Here is the config for both Rules

Hope this will help!

Discard

Thanks! This was just what I was looking for! I think we have an issue in our implementation, though. Consider three separate cases (My reordering rules are set up as 0 min, 0 max). (1) doesn't work as I expected. (2) and (3) do.

1) I have existing stock of Qty 1 in LOC1 and Qty 0 in LOC2. I create a MO (pulling from LOC2) for Qty 3. I'd expect to get a transfer for 3 and an RFQ for 2. However, I seem to be getting a transfer for 3 and a RFQ for 3. And when I'm finished, I wind up with qty 1 left in LOC1.

2) I have existing stock of Qty 4 in LOC1 and Qty 0 in LOC2. I create a MO (pulling from LOC2) for Qty 3. Here, things work great -- I get a transfer for 3 and I'm off and running. If I complete that MO, my stock is now 1 in LOC1 and 0 in LOC2 as expected.

3) I have existing stock of Qty 0 in LOC1 and Qty 0 in LOC2. I create a MO (pulling from LOC2) for Qty 3. Here, things work great -- I get an RFQ for 3 and a transfer for 3 and I'm off and running. If I complete that MO, my stock goes back to 0 in LOC1 and 0 in LOC2 as expected.

Have you seen this?

Best Answer

Hi I just tested the stock behavior of odoo 13 CE.

Setting:

1. Enable multi-step route, 2-step, picking and manufacture

2. Create 3 products, A and B route as Buy, C as manufacture

3. BoM is A + B = C

4. Reordering rule for A, B, C

5. Create a Vendor, set such vendor for A, B with qty and price

Steps breakdown:

1. Create Manufacturing Order - A MO to process in draft state

2. Mark the MO as todo - WH/PC is created, WH/Stock(Location 1) to WH/Pre-Production(Location 2) for both A & B

3. Run scheduler - PO created for  A, B  buying from Vendor

4. Confirm Order - Receipts WH/IN created

5. Validate WH/IN - WH/Stock(Location 1) has 1A, 1B

6. Run scheduler - WH/PC shows reserved qty

7. Validate WH/PC - 1A, 1B are in WH/Pre-Production(Location 2)

8. Complete the MO - C is in WH/Stock(Location 1)

I believe your question is the auto creation of step 2, which is done by enabling 2-step picking and manufacture. 

Discard