This question has been flagged

UPDATED.

After a customer receives an email, it says it was sent to "Followers of....OpenERP-Admin-Name" How do you change or replace where it says "Followers of...." in the Mailto property within the recipients email to only a first and last name?

When a custom replies to an email sent from OpenERP, it says the email is being sent to: "Followers of OpenERP-Admin-Name".

This happens in OpenERP7, when you go to: Messages/Inbox/Compose new a message (Red Button). Email Composer Popup appears. Under Recipients begin to type in a customer / contact. Notice at the top it says "Followers of and". As you type a few letters of the first name then you will be able to select a recipient. After completing and sending the email message to your the customer/ contact will receive an email from "Followers of Firstname-Lastname". I would greatly appreciate only seeing First and Last name instead of "follows of firstname-lastname".

Is there a quick fix? Or do you know of a good OpenERP7 programmer/ freelancer who I could pay to fix this problem?

Thank you, Christian

Discard

Your question is definitely not clear. Could you precise what you are expecting in terms of change? Just the term "follower"?

Author

I've updated my comment and I am not sure if I can make it any clearer.

Best Answer

There is a module named mail.

If you have access to code you can change some code. I don't recommend you to change the source code because if you update the module someday it's going to dissappear. Anyways, there is a file named mail_mail.py

Find this line:

email_reply_to = _('"Followers of %s" <%s>') % (sanitized_doc_name, email_reply_to)

And change it.

Anyways as I told you I don't recommend you to change the source code.

There is another way to do it creating a new module, if you have experience creating modules great. But if you don't you'll have to hire someone though.

If you have any question comment here.

Regards

Discard
Author

Thank you. I was able modify the code and remove "Followers of". But I need to be able to see the customers name and email address. Instead now i see the OpenERP user's name in the Reply to field. Now when a customer replies an OpenERP email they see the email is not being sent from them but the "OpenERP Users name" which makes no sense. When customer replies it should contain there Name or email address in the from field. But it does not! Am I the only one with this issue?

Best Answer

The problem here is much more complex and I would like to know if you know the answer on that. Imagine that situation:

• fetchmail downloads an e-mail, which in To: field had 3 recipients, fe. User 1, User 2, User 3 (two of them are users in OpenERP) - both recieve that message
  • a person wants to reply on that message but only to 1 recipient - User 1 - he uses button to expand mail composer, deletes User 2 and User 3 from the To: field and sends the message
  • after sending the message, it is being processed also to User 2 and User 3 - we removed that selection, but in the end that removal doesn't work - OpenERP takes followers from mail_message_res_partner_rel and sends them a message as well

We would like to prevent that situation from happening. So, whenever user wants to reply to a fetched message or a message, which was send within OpenERP, he is able to choose and be SURE to whom that message will be processed. Any ideas would be great.

Discard
Best Answer

If you use OpenERP in a language other than English you can change the translation of the corresponding field translation.

• Goto: Settings -> Translations -> Application Terms -> Translated Terms
  • Search for "Followers" in Translation Value in search field
  • Find entry with Source "Followers of %s" <%s>
  • Change Translation Value to "%s" <%s>
Discard
Best Answer

We've done this, which needs customisations on send_get_mail_reply_to() of mail.mail.

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Christian

Same problem here but even worse. When sending Mass Mail anyone who hits reply gets followers of in the mailto address and gets a gets a bounce back

I hope someone can assist soon as this makes the Mass mail function unusable

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Christian, we have the same need, i.e., replace "followers" by the addresse name.

Did you get an answer to your question?

thanks,

Didier

Discard