Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
After a customer receives an email, it says it was sent to "Followers of....OpenERP-Admin-Name" How do you change or replace where it says "Followers of...." in the Mailto property within the recipients email to only a first and last name?
When a custom replies to an email sent from OpenERP, it says the email is being sent to: "Followers of OpenERP-Admin-Name".
This happens in OpenERP7, when you go to: Messages/Inbox/Compose new a message (Red Button). Email Composer Popup appears. Under Recipients begin to type in a customer / contact. Notice at the top it says "Followers of and". As you type a few letters of the first name then you will be able to select a recipient. After completing and sending the email message to your the customer/ contact will receive an email from "Followers of Firstname-Lastname". I would greatly appreciate only seeing First and Last name instead of "follows of firstname-lastname".
Is there a quick fix? Or do you know of a good OpenERP7 programmer/ freelancer who I could pay to fix this problem?
Thank you, Christian
If you use OpenERP in a language other than English you can change the translation of the corresponding field translation.
- Goto: Settings -> Translations -> Application Terms -> Translated Terms
- Search for "Followers" in Translation Value in search field
- Find entry with Source "Followers of %s" <%s>
- Change Translation Value to "%s" <%s>
The problem here is much more complex and I would like to know if you know the answer on that. Imagine that situation:
- fetchmail downloads an e-mail, which in To: field had 3 recipients, fe. User 1, User 2, User 3 (two of them are users in OpenERP) - both recieve that message
- a person wants to reply on that message but only to 1 recipient - User 1 - he uses button to expand mail composer, deletes User 2 and User 3 from the To: field and sends the message
- after sending the message, it is being processed also to User 2 and User 3 - we removed that selection, but in the end that removal doesn't work - OpenERP takes followers from mail_message_res_partner_rel and sends them a message as well
We would like to prevent that situation from happening. So, whenever user wants to reply to a fetched message or a message, which was send within OpenERP, he is able to choose and be SURE to whom that message will be processed. Any ideas would be great.
There is a module named mail.
If you have access to code you can change some code. I don't recommend you to change the source code because if you update the module someday it's going to dissappear. Anyways, there is a file named mail_mail.py
Find this line:
email_reply_to = _('"Followers of %s" <%s>') % (sanitized_doc_name, email_reply_to)
And change it.
Anyways as I told you I don't recommend you to change the source code.
There is another way to do it creating a new module, if you have experience creating modules great. But if you don't you'll have to hire someone though.
If you have any question comment here.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/11/13, 3:08 AM|
|Seen: 5489 times|
|Last updated: 1/21/17, 6:29 PM|