After a customer receives an email, it says it was sent to "Followers of....OpenERP-Admin-Name" How do you change or replace where it says "Followers of...." in the Mailto property within the recipients email to only a first and last name?
When a custom replies to an email sent from OpenERP, it says the email is being sent to: "Followers of OpenERP-Admin-Name".
This happens in OpenERP7, when you go to: Messages/Inbox/Compose new a message (Red Button). Email Composer Popup appears. Under Recipients begin to type in a customer / contact. Notice at the top it says "Followers of and". As you type a few letters of the first name then you will be able to select a recipient. After completing and sending the email message to your the customer/ contact will receive an email from "Followers of Firstname-Lastname". I would greatly appreciate only seeing First and Last name instead of "follows of firstname-lastname".
Is there a quick fix? Or do you know of a good OpenERP7 programmer/ freelancer who I could pay to fix this problem?
Thank you, Christian
The problem here is much more complex and I would like to know if you know the answer on that. Imagine that situation:
- fetchmail downloads an e-mail, which in To: field had 3 recipients, fe. User 1, User 2, User 3 (two of them are users in OpenERP) - both recieve that message
- a person wants to reply on that message but only to 1 recipient - User 1 - he uses button to expand mail composer, deletes User 2 and User 3 from the To: field and sends the message
- after sending the message, it is being processed also to User 2 and User 3 - we removed that selection, but in the end that removal doesn't work - OpenERP takes followers from mail_message_res_partner_rel and sends them a message as well
We would like to prevent that situation from happening. So, whenever user wants to reply to a fetched message or a message, which was send within OpenERP, he is able to choose and be SURE to whom that message will be processed. Any ideas would be great.
If you use OpenERP in a language other than English you can change the translation of the corresponding field translation.
- Goto: Settings -> Translations -> Application Terms -> Translated Terms
- Search for "Followers" in Translation Value in search field
- Find entry with Source "Followers of %s" <%s>
- Change Translation Value to "%s" <%s>
There is a module named mail.
If you have access to code you can change some code. I don't recommend you to change the source code because if you update the module someday it's going to dissappear. Anyways, there is a file named mail_mail.py
Find this line:
email_reply_to = _('"Followers of %s" <%s>') % (sanitized_doc_name, email_reply_to)
And change it.
Anyways as I told you I don't recommend you to change the source code.
There is another way to do it creating a new module, if you have experience creating modules great. But if you don't you'll have to hire someone though.
If you have any question comment here.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 7/11/13, 3:08 AM|
|Seen: 4790 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|