Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to render/download a report by an external application on another server?

By
Malte Jörgens
on 4/29/15, 6:32 AM 410 views

Hello,

I would like to create a report where the user should be able to set some settings in a wizard, then a web request (download) to another server is triggered with the chosen parameters and model data, which should return a PDF file.

I already have looked into server actions, Custom Reports, wizard creation and so on, but have not found a suitable way to do these things.

This will probably require a custom module, but I have no idea where to start and if the implementation as a "dummy" reporting engine, which takes the object data of eg. crm.lead and some other parameters specified in the wizard and returns a PDF, is sufficent or the right way to go. On that way I hope to keep the report creation transparent for Odoo (reportdata -> PDF). The PDF should be stored with the other email attachments so it can be attached to an email-template automatically.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/15, 6:32 AM
Seen: 410 times
Last updated: 4/29/15, 6:32 AM