Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to remove or disable default data from the parent module [Closed]

Obay Albadri
on 4/22/13, 11:07 AM 2,792 views

The Question has been closed

Obay Albadri
on 06/24/2013 06:49:55

If i created new module depends on another one, Is there is any way to remove/disable/override default data (Users/Groups/ACL/...) set by parent module.

For example, i created a module depends on the project management module, and i want to use my own data and disable, remove or override: 1. Users and groups.(project_security.xml) 2. Rules and Access Control.(project_security.xml) 2. Task Stages.(project_data.xml)

And what the impact of <data noupdate="0/1">?

Omal Bastin

--Omal Bastin--
| 6 6 8
Kochi, Kerala, India
--Omal Bastin--

Swiming deep into openERP/ODOO

Omal Bastin
On 4/23/13, 12:32 PM

you can use <delete> tag to delete already created record in xml.

<delete model='model.name' search="your search domain in list of tuples"/>

Thanks Omal, after more googling I found another way to delete/replace data: <record model="res.user" id="user_id"> <field name="groups_id" eval="[(6, 0, [])]" /> </record>

Obay Albadri
on 4/25/13, 7:31 AM

another Question what about: <data noupdate="0/1">?

Obay Albadri
on 4/25/13, 7:33 AM

if noupdate="1" is provided then the xml part comes under <data noupdate="1"><!--xml code --></data>will be loaded only the first time when loading the file. what ever change in the xml code will not be loaded after that. by default, noupdate='0'

Omal Bastin
on 4/25/13, 8:10 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/22/13, 11:07 AM
Seen: 2792 times
Last updated: 6/9/15, 1:54 AM