This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I have created a sales order with 2 items (one being quantity 2, one quantity 1).    I attempted to change the sales order --  Quantities can be changed, but flat out removing an item does not seem to work.   It says the following:

"You can not remove a sale order line."

"Discard changes and try setting the quantity to 0"

Quantity can be then set to 0 on the sales order if it's also set to 0 under delivery, but the line item still shows up... even when quantity is 0.   Is there  a way to completely remove that from showing up on the sale order?  Or is the only way to not see that to modify it as a Draft invoice?

Discard
Best Answer

I've reproduced your results: I believe you have set the option to "Never allow to modify a confirmed sale order".

To change it, go to Sales > Configuration > Settings > Quotation & Sales: check "Allow to edit sales order from the 'Sales Order' menu (not from the Quotation menu)".

The above instructions are for v9 Community Edition.

Edit: In reproducing your issue I've noticed something strange, might be a bug: to reproduce your error I set "Never allow to modify a confirmed sale order", confirmed your results, then I attempted to set it back to "Allow to edit sales orders" (and the radio button shows that I've got this setting checked), but the system still won't allow the deletion of a line-item. I am using the Admin account. If you have the same issue, you may have to put this setting back manually in the database? (the db is out of my realm of experience, though, sorry... I'm using a test system to repro so will just erase it).

Discard