Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to remove extra "Company News" and "Company Jobs" after Portal module uninstall?

By
Dorian Antes
on 6/25/13, 5:15 PM 1,265 views

Very new to OpenERP, just doing some evaluation at the moment; using OpenERP 7.0 on Debian 7.0 installed through the OpenERP package repos. I installed the Portal Module to see if it was something we could use, decided it wasn't , so I uninstalled it; thing is that there are extra Job Boards and Company News boards that weren't removed with the module. How do I get rid of those?

Dorian Antes
On 6/26/13, 6:14 PM

So just so everyone knows; I just removed all but the first "Company News" and "Company Jobs"; it seems to have taken just fine, the original forums are there and load with no errors.

and if you update portal module, they come back ?

Tuxservices, Jeudy Nicolas
on 6/26/13, 7:17 PM

I don't know; I removed the Portal module as it didn't look like something my organization would be interested in; I imagine that if I re-installed it I would get the extra forums again though; I uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times earlier (and ended up getting a few of each forum, hence the question).

Dorian Antes
on 6/26/13, 7:49 PM
Viktor Aditya
On 6/26/13, 7:40 AM

Go to Settings -> Techical -> User Interface -> Menu items -> search for Company News and Company Jobs. -> tick the box and the click More -> Delete -> The menu will disappear ...

Ahhh, gotcha. I had the technical details turned off; I appreciate!

Dorian Antes
on 6/26/13, 2:05 PM

I think it dangerous to remove menu like this and if you do an --update=all when launching openerp-server the menu will come back to your portal.

Tuxservices, Jeudy Nicolas
on 6/26/13, 6:01 PM

Jeudy Nicolas

--Jeudy Nicolas--
| 6 7 8
PELOUSEY, France
--Jeudy Nicolas--

- Linux administrator - Functional guy with OpenERP - Python, html, css, javascript developer OpenERP Ready Partner

Jeudy Nicolas
On 6/26/13, 6:00 PM

Hello,

You can just set the privacy to something different from public in messaging -> My groups -> join a group -> THE_GROUP_YOU_WANT_CHANGE.

image description

This will disable the menu entry because you will remove access right to anonymous with this !

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/25/13, 5:15 PM
Seen: 1265 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM