Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to remove duplicate products from the system without affecting sales orders for those duplicate products ?

on 5/14/13, 5:10 AM 2,510 views

I have a system where there are duplicate copies of products and also sales orders for those duplicate products. I need to remove duplicate entries of products without affecting a single sales order that depend on those duplicate product. I cannot do it manually because there are 1500 products and 1000 sales orders.

Igor MF
On 6/30/14, 11:10 AM

Have you tried an app called Product Merge? It doesn't work, however, if the duplicates are in different UOMs...

Otherwise, you'd have to uncheck "Active" in the duplicate you want to deactivate and leave it hidden...

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

On 5/14/13, 6:22 AM

if the order is validated you can not change it.

and you can not remove products while other records still reference it.

so I think the only solution is to make SQL requettes in postgresql.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 5/14/13, 5:10 AM
Seen: 2510 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM