Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to remove create from inheirt view not from original one. V9

By
Ahmad Aldaker
on 7/25/16, 8:58 PM 139 views

Hello, i have 2 views for same model, i want to remove create button from one of them, i tried to make 2 tree views and 2 form views, but didn't work
so for example i have a model and 2 menu items each menu item linked with action and each of the actions is linked with the model, so how can i remove create button from one of the views ?

thanks.

Ahmad Aldaker
On 7/26/16, 4:02 AM

<record id="tree_view_customer_linked1234" model="ir.actions.act_window.view">

<field eval="31" name="sequence"/>

<field name="view_mode">tree</field>

<field name="view_id" ref="tree_id"/>

<field name="act_window_id" ref="action_id"/>

</record>

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 7/26/16, 2:28 AM

I think having 2 different Tree Views, linked with 2 different split-Action will achieve what you are trying to do.

In one of Tree View, set an attribute as create=false.

P.S. In case you don't want to have an split-Action or separate menu, then in fields_view_get ORM method control the views which are being loaded. In that you probably with the help of a flag, you can decide which Tree View to be loaded i.e a Tree View with Create Access and another one without it.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/25/16, 8:58 PM
Seen: 139 times
Last updated: 7/26/16, 4:32 AM