This question has been flagged
6 Replies

I want to implement a scenario in which I have two warehouses in Odoo: 1 used to store and ship goods to my customers, and 1 with goods I cannot sell, because this "warehouse location" is not available (it is my sales rep driving around with a car with goods in it).The sales rep stops by the warehouse only once every week.

The goods that are in the sales rep car need to be accounted for. Therefor I really need to keep track of this stock, but it can't be sold.

Consider the following: I have 10 items in my warehouse, and my sales rep has 5 of these items in his car. When a customer orders 15 items from me, it should say that my stock is not sufficient.

How can I do this in Odoo 8?

Regards, Bas

Discard
Best Answer

Hello. 

You should just create additional Location and move those products to this additional location. Using Default route you will sell products from main location and will not check the products in additional location. So Basically you should use one warehouse and two internal locations.

Discard
Author

Hello Dovydas. Unfortunately this won't solve my problem (I tested it). Odoo still counts the stock at the secondary location as available stock, which it simply isn't because my sales rep won't stop by the office until next week. So I want the products taken by the sales rep to be accounted for in Odoo (for insurance reasons), but I want it to be unavailable so that Odoo will not allow me to push a sales order with too many items on it. Do you understand what I mean?

It sound strange. I understand what you mean and tested this scenario in Odoo system and it worked. I created one extra internal location, then I receveid 10 products into main location, and 5 into extra internal location. When I as trying to sell 15 units I got a warning telling Not enough stock ! : You plan to sell 15.00 Unit(s) but you only have 10.00 Unit(s) available ! The real stock is 10.00 Unit(s). (without reservations).

Author

I will have another look at it and report back here. Thank you for your time Dovydas.

Author

It works now. The catch was that the new location couldn't have a parent location. When this new location had the parentlocation "Warehouse" it didn't work, but when I removed the parent it works. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi, do you remember how you solved it?   Thaks!!!!

Discard

Just create sales person's location without parent location set. That way do not consider those location and stock of warehouse.