This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Hello

We got problem with Odoo and module "LDAP Populate" or "users_ldap_populate" as technical name

We had installed "Authentication via LDAP" - it works perfectly and our users can sing-in trough it.
After we installed HR module and now would like to create Employees by matching all users with LDAP users. However to get all users we need to populate them automatically from LDAP, for that we installed  "LDAP Populate" add-on.

However after installation of this addon, Odoo stop working...
To be more detailed:
It was thinking for long time and then was throwing error about time-out and displaying blank page. It was happening regardless where would i click in settings menu. I did restart Odoo, but it didn't help. Basically we couldn't navigate anywhere, Odoo doesn't load any page because of that glitch add-on.

I spot one line in logs where was mentioned that this LDAP add-on was copied to: "/var/lib/odoo/.local/share/Odoo/addons/8.0/users_ldap_populate"
so i did delete it with:
"rm -rf /var/lib/odoo/.local/share/Odoo/addons/8.0/users_ldap_populate".

After that i did restart Odoo again and it finally loads, however now when I go in apps it show me "LDAP Populate" module without status. it doesn't state that it is installed, nor there is button to install:

Screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15715229/Capture/Selection_047.png
So we cant it install it or uninstall it now.

Could you please advise where are those modules are installed and how to manually clean that specific from everywhere?

Thank you in advance

Discard
Author

Hello? Anyone? I still didn't found solution

Remove the module from yourpath/odoo/addons and then do an -u all from the terminal. The module will then be gone.

Author

As I explained I already deleted files from Odoo/addons Could you please be more specific about "-u all" ? what should i do? Thank you!!!

Vadims, you must remove that module physically from addons, then you should update base module. If you have server access, you must restart the server with -u all parameter. If you even have the access of DB, remove the entry of that module from ir_module_module. Then, there is no way for the error to exist. Thanks.

Serpent was ahead of me, his explanation should fix everything :)

Author

Thank you guys for help, I managed to do it other way, after restart of server I went in addons itself and in there I was able to un-install it and re-install again, so it works now! Unfortunatly im not enough karma, could you promote Serpen answer from comment to answer. Thanks one more time

Best Answer

The answer by Serpent worked for me. Thanks! :)

PS: For docker-based and docker-compose installations, this means that you have to do

docker-compose stop odoo #or whatever you named your service
docker-compose up -d odoo`
Discard