Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Remove a 'Translation' file from odoo?!

By
Karolin Ar.
on 1/26/15, 1:12 PM 984 views

without wizard, from odoo files

Karolin Ar.
on 1/26/15, 1:13 PM
Karolin Ar.
On 2/5/15, 4:03 AM

It's done. i hve removed the lang file by phAdmin3, res_lang table.

Yenthe

--Yenthe--
| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe--

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

Yenthe
On 1/26/15, 1:45 PM

Hi Karolin

First go to the folder where you added the tranlation file. For example if you are looking to remove Dutch from the module account you'd go to addons/account/i18n and you'd find the file nl.po in this folder.
You can then simply remove the file by deleting it. If you don't have enough access rights you could do a sudo chmod on the file to give you all the rights or do a sudo rm filepath/filename.po to simply remove the file by command.

Hi Yenthe, I've already did it, But still when i logged in with admin, i cant see any text on screen, white page only...! Yesterday i've uploaded a .po file for CRM and i forgot to check 'merge' item. That translation file only includes CRM, and no more, so now i cant see any thing on page cuz there'r not no captions for items! How can i reset admin's lang to default lang ?! Kindly advice.

Karolin Ar.
on 1/26/15, 2:06 PM

So you're getting an internal server error now? You should post the details of the logfile here. Have you tried updating your module after you removed the file too? When you remove the problem and update your module everything should be fixed!

Yenthe
on 1/26/15, 3:31 PM

& also from ir_translations table. Where lang = '...' ;

Karolin Ar.
on 2/5/15, 4:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/26/15, 1:12 PM
Seen: 984 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM